This is becoming a lapsed effort blogging wise. Usually my NaNoWriMo attempts are starting to slump by this point. My stupid drugs are made legally compulsary idea is not different at the moment. I’ve finished my “Before” section covering all the precautions put in place by the drug commission, I’m now moving into after and how events spiral from quiet, hungry mellow people giggling turns into full scale LSD inspired world war as laid out in my prologue.
I’ve split Part 2 into two sections covering all events leading up to war, then all events after. Here’s a brief rundown of how part 2 looks at the moment. I’m definitely not going to be done with this story at 50’000. Honestly writing the set word count every day is becoming stressful and I’m kinda glad the month’s almost up so I can pace myself a bit better. Still, I’ve got a lot of ideas to play with at the moment. So here’s a layout of how we follow up on the bill getting passed and everyone being required by law to light up, ingest or inject.
Part 2: After – Chapter Breakdown
More History – a more in depth look at how the innovative change in US society turned into a global issue and how almost every nation of Earth made drugs compulsary and the war that followed.
1. NEWS CLIPPING – LIVE FROM THE RED CARPET – CHANEL MYTON CAUGHT NOT SMOKING! COHERENT THOUGHT EXPRESSED! Yeah its basically a joke inversion of how the news media approaches drugs in the form of news article.
2. The Hiesenfeld Initiative – a new drama from Showtime – Episode 1
A couple of excerpts from a dramatisation about making drug law compulsary. Highly stylized and containing a few hints on what has been uncovered about the bumpy last few days of coherency since we left off Part 1.
3. “DEBATE SHOW TALK SHOW” – Transcript from news debate show set up following a government bill for transparency (Transparency had its definition changed to mean what opaque used to mean in 2137, Opaque now means translucent) Hosted by spokeswoman Ruth Powers – BROADCAST 11/11/2144
Marvin Hayes has now been made head of the DUCA commission following public scandals. Though surprisingly its revealed there have been very few major crimes committed under the new regime as everyone’s too stoned to be able to muster up the energy to do anything illegal.
4. Jase Edwards – DUCA International advisor – 34 Years till Belgium – December 2144
Now put in charge of dealing with foreign dignitaries from the New Swedish empire of European nations for peace and global harmony, Jase is depressed and can’t be dealing with making compulsation an international issue. Since marijuana became a constant day to day thing, its since stopped affecting him whatsoever and now his life is dealing with a temperamental Marvin and ironing out the cracks in the poorly written incoherent drug law.
5. TRANSCRIPT FROM POST DUCA LOCAL ACCESS TELEVISION INTERVIEW SLOT “FOLKS ROUND THESE PARTS” – Former spokeswoman for anti drug lobby PAF (Parents Against Fun) Justine Florestine, speaks to local host Gandalf Worsorf about her organisation’s approach to campaigning legally in a post-compulsation America. She ends up realising she’s wasting her life watching her last dreary march against drug law.
6. Michelle Cowdry – Material Manager – December 2144
Michelle and Marvin are living together, mostly still in relationship because the’re secretly working on the loopholes they’ve found in drug law allowing the President to be off his meds of whatever drug he wishes realising he could do or say anything dangerous. Both are stressed because these loopholes exist because they were supposed to iron them out before drug law was past but didn’t and they’ve been working nights checking officially documents and using ink remover and switching words around. Michelle runs into a homeless and desperate Justine Florestine in the street and invites her home where she can find out all about what’s been happening at DUCA.
7. PAF DISBANDMENT NOTICE
A rather unsettling notice from PAF leader Justine Florestine that they’re disbanding and reforming and taking more affirmative action.
8. Jase Edwards – DUCA International advisor – 34 Years till Belgium – December 2144
Michelle has been away a while when Marvin shows up and says he’s found out about the loopholes. They’re then invited a war cabinet meeting at the pentagon where the new president, a paranoid power mad man with a head that looks like a potato and his Vice President, his pink suited son called Melvin, give a speech on the dangers of the New Swedish Empire of European Nations for peace and global harmony and how they should probably nuke them just to be safe. Marvin suggests they both relocate to one of the six remaining drug free nations. Jase reluctantly agrees.
9. MIA-Z: FROM HERE ON OUT – A GOVERNMENT PROPAGANDA FILM – FIRST BROADCAST 12/12/2134 – script from a furthur government propaganda film about drug technology that’s adapting to suit the changing climate through expansion of the manufacturing industry to cope with the massive overspend on manufacturing compulsary substances for all citizens.
10. The diary of a Russian/American immigrant at an internment camp detailling how integrating immigrants from drug-free nations into compulsary society works.
11. Judith Barret – former seniour materials manager for DUCA
Judith has been kidnapped by the church of the New Rising Eyes Cream, the hardcore evangelical anti-drug religion who have set up a convent in an unknown woodland area where they are free to live their lives not getting stoned cut off from society. Judith’s job now is to gather inside information on a spy inside the DUCA commission working for a drug free nation looking to knock the US off the global hegemony perch.
As is obvious, the plot’s kind of getting out of hand since I got halfway. I think maybe I’m trying to do too much at once, but I didn’t realise just how many implications this central idea would have. One societal inversion has massive implications across the board. Once I’ve got all of part 2 done (which’ll probably be at the 50’000 word end of this difficult month) I’ll go back and do some redrafting and update.
I’m probably going to end up shoving this up as a PDF eventually just for the hell of it rather than vanity (though it technically would be vanity publishing). Though it may take QUITE a while. And yes, these updates are more for my benefit than yours so I can get a firmer grasp on my story’s structure….yeah failed didn’t it. Anyway, nearly done with this scramble for words so that’s something.